Time to Set Up Facebook Ads and Business Manager so We Can Get Started
1) Create a Facebook Business Manager Account
- Go to https://business.facebook.com/overview
- Click the button in the top right corner "CREATE ACCOUNT"
- Follow the process and create your business manager account
Once the business manager account is created...
Change your primary Page
- Go to Business Settings.
- Click Business Info.
- Click Edit and select the page you want to make primary.
- Click Save.
2) Add Your Ad Account - Connect the Facebook Business Manager Account to Your FB Ads Account
All new businesses are able to create 1 ad account. Once there is active spend on your ad account, you can host a maximum of 5 ad accounts. There's currently no option to request additional ad accounts.
If you want to manage an ad account, there's 3 ways to add the ad account to your Business Manager.
- Go to Business Settings
- Click Accounts and click Ad Accounts.
- Click + Add.
- Choose one of the 3 options: Add Ad Account, Request Access to an Ad Account or Create a new ad account. See below for additional information.
- If you choose to request access or add an ad account, enter the ad account ID. Learn where to find the account ID.
Note: Deactivating an ad account doesn't delete the ad account from your business. A deactivated ad account still counts towards your ad account limit.
More on the 3 options:
- Add an Ad Account: Adding an ad account moves it permanently into Business Manager. You must be both the owner of the ad account and an admin in Business Manager to add the ad account. Please note, once you add an ad account and it's moved into your Business Manager, this action can't be reversed. All management of your ad account must be completed within your Business Manager profile. You can't add an ad account that's owned by another Business Manager. If you still want to work on an ad account that's owned by a different business, you can request access to it.
- Request Access to an Ad Account: If you request access to an ad account in Business Manager, the admin of that Business Manager can grant you permission to work on it.
- Create a new ad account: If you create a new ad account in Business Manager it'll permanently belong to that Business Manager. Once created within Business Manager, the ad account can't be transferred to an individual owner who doesn't own a Business Manager.
If you can't add an ad account to a Business Manager:
- The ad account you're trying to add has already been added by another business. An ad account can only be owned by one Business Manager. Instead, you can request access to the ad account.
- You have already added a personal ad account to Business Manager.
- You can only add one ad account from your personal Facebook account into Business Manager.
- Instead, you can create a new ad account in Business Manager or you can request access to another ad account.
- You've reached the 5 ad account limit for adding new ad accounts to your business. There's currently no available option to request additional ad accounts. Your ad account limit increases based on your advertising spend.
3) Add Marketing Remix as a Partner
A partner is another business with a Business Manager account.
I need you to give me and my Facebook business manager account access to your Facebook Ads account so I can get everything set up and run the campaign.
An Admin must be the owner of the business to change business permissions. Before you can assign assets to a Partner, you'll have to add them to your business first.
Add a Partner or Agency
- Go to Business Settings
- Under Users click Partner
- Click the blue + Add button
- **IMPORTANT** Enter my Partner Business ID - 369556233524286
- Choose a role for your partner and copy the shareable link
- Click Close
>> Send email@example.com your generated link as soon as possible. <<
Once you share the link with your Partner, they must open this link within 30 days or it will expire. A link may only be used once.
4) Give Access to Your FB Ads Account